Friday, July 16, 2004

RAINDROPS KEEP FALLING AND FALLING...




Woke up to dark grey skies this morning. And as we turned into the expressway on the way to work, the rain started falling. Aahh.. How I wish I was still curled up in bed, under my warm down comforter, reading the book I left bookmarked on my bedside table last night. Probably with a hot mug of Milo and some chocolates too.... OOhh How blissful!!!

Alas! We were already on the way to my office. When I sighed out loud, THE DON cheekily suggested I go instead with him for his two short appointments then we go back to my house to enjoy the rainy weather. Oh how I wish I had the freedom to come and go as I please the way he does. Well, wait till I have my own little business set up. Then I can be the BOSS and decide to go to work or stay home and enjoy the weather. Till then.. here I am slogging for my pay in the cold, freezing office.


As usual traffic delays and accidents comes as a package with a heavy downpour like the one we're having this morning. Vehicles slow down to a crawl and pesky drivers stop using their brains and start squeezing their horns. My deepest empathy goes out to motorcyclists who have to brave the rain and those workers who are sitting on the rear of their companies' lorries and pick-up trucks. Some cover themselves with plastic sheets and others with just their hands. They are totally drenched and you can practically see them shiver. I can't help feeling sorry for them. Especially when I am in the comfort of our Lancerlot, with adjustable temperature, entertainment and even breakfast.

With the exception of that, the rain usually puts me in a good mood. No, not the kind of rain with storms and lightning, but a gentle downpour. It usually puts me in a reflective & retrospective mood. I will reminisce all the good times I've had in the rain. Or significant incidents that happened on a rainy day in the archives of my life. But the rain also makes me very lazy. Just like I am so lazy to do my work now and am here blogging about my laziness. How perfect!

No comments: