Thursday, July 15, 2004

IF THE SHOE FITS.....



If I have to admit my biggest extravagance, it'd have to be shoes. It's like a habit that I can't shake off. I HAVE to buy a pair of shoes every single month. It's like almost a ritual for me. It doesn't matter what kind of shoes, cheap or expensive, as long as i like the style and the shoe fits. Some months I fall in love with a pair of $hundred plus plus Nine West shoes and some months its Vincci's RM49 pair. But the worse thing is I have so many shoes I hardly have a chance to wear them. About 3 pairs that are still in their boxes, paper wrapped and all. I havn't had the occasion to wear them yet!!!!

My shoes are mostly black (I have very conservative taste in colour) but they come in all styles, slingbacks, mary-janes, strappy, suede, open-toed, mules, 4-inch heels, (I'm vertically-challenged so the height helps!!) and usually very shiny. Basically you name it, I have it. THE DON says I could open a shoe shop with all my shoes (Don't all husbands say that?) and that the sale proceeds could buy us both first class tickets to Europe for our honeymoon. (I usually pretend I don't hear him when he talks about my shoes!!)

Since we have been saving up for the wedding and for our new house, I have had to curb my shopping instincts (yes that's what I call them, INSTINCTS!) a LOT. I started with only buying shoes below SGD$120/-. Then I stopped buying shoes every month. Only every other month, hehehe.

I sure can't wait till the wedding is over then I won't have to curb my shoe habits anymore.

No comments: