Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Cards & Such

We got into a bit of a scuffle with the people who are doing our wedding invites. We initially wanted the same motifs on the cards but with different colours for my side and his but according to them it is not possible. So we enquired if we could have the exact same cards but with diff contents (obviously!) at a lower price. They said OK! Then when we were on our way home from the shop, my FIL called saying someone from the shop called him to say that they needed to speak to either of us urgently. Within a few mins, the lady at the shop called me to say we needed to top up another 200 bucks if we wanted the same card....WHAT THE HECK????

As it is the cards are already quite expensive compared to normal standards but since we both kinda liked the design we agreed anyway. And now they want to increase the price?? Under normal circumstances, I'd blow up and demand they either gave it to us at the agreed price or return our deposit so we can take our business elsewhere. But since I'm on the brinks of marriage, I decided to let loose and let my husband-to-be handle the matter instead. Heheheh. Sorta allow myself to be the damsel-in-distress and let the hero do the "save the day" thingy. Well, he did not disappoint. He managed to negotiate for a decrease of 90% so we'd only have to top up 20 bucks instead of the ludicrous 200 bucks. Its a good feeling letting someone else take the reins once in a while. I could really get used to this !!!

No comments: