Thursday, August 19, 2004

Let grace and goodness be the principal loadstone of thy affections. For love which hath ends, will have an end; whereas that which is founded on true virtue, will always continue.
John Dryden (1631 - 1700)


I think I'm finally getting it. It wasn't so much a conscious effort (altho I did resolve to do this months and months ago) It kinda just happened, somehow. I didn't even know it was happening till it was over then I looked back and said "Wow, did I just do it?? Yeah, I did it !!!" What's it, you ask? I did not NAG.

The Don was summoned to Court yesterday for speeding. He was caught speeding 40Km over the speed limit. They just sent him a notice to attend court. And you know how much he was fined??? A whole 800 buckaroos!!!!!!

Under normal circumstances, notwithstanding his predicament, I'd go on and on about how he is wasting money, paying the goverment over sumthing he could have prevented and how we are in such a great need for money now for the wedding and the house and WHY THE HELL WAS HE SPEEDING ???

But somehow, all words ceased to gush from my mouth yesterday. Sure I was upset and I was more than horrified at the amount. Imagine what we could have done with that money. (add another half carat more to my wedding ring, perhaps) But more than being upset, it was a feeling of emphathy that engulfed me. I felt like we were both in it together. You know, that "whatever you feel, I feel" cliche. I always thought that was a load of crap but I actually felt that way.

There were no sarcastic barbs, or any "I told you so" from me. No glaring of the eye or a pinch either. Frankly, I had no idea I was capable of being so supportive. And The Don clearly appreciated it. I search myself for answers as to why my reaction was so different. Initially I thought the excitement of the impending marriage has somewhat blunt my sharp tongue and made me incapable of being mean to him but no. I think this is part of the changes I have manage to make in my effort to improve myself before I enter the arch of marriage. I know its still a long way and I have many other changes to make but I'm feeling extremely encouraged by what happened. And the best part of it all, is when he looks at me and say "LIFE IS SO WONDERFUL WHEN YOU HAVE SOMEONE TO LOVE YOU AND LOVE THAT SOMEONE"

All together now......"AAAWWWWWWWWWW" ..............

2 comments:

mynameislina said...

love is a funny thing dear....

shsuya said...

Yes..doesn't it ? It makes you do the things u'd never thot u'd do. hehehe