Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Of Durians And Mangosteens

Last night, we brought my grandaunt around Singapore. We drove past Orchard Rd, passed Serangoon Rd and finally ended up at the Geylang fruit stall. While Umi and my grandaunt busied themselves buying durians, I bought my favourite fruits - MANGOSTEENS!!!


My aunt, uncle and cousins have been messaging us almost everyday enticing us to go back to Pahang for the fruits season. Apparently this year there's an abundant amount of durians and mangosteens and rambutans. Just hearing them describe the fruits is enough to make our mouths water. And believe me, we are itching to go back too but we have been very busy with the house. What with settling the reno bit and also stuff to do with the wedding. Weekends are precious as it is the only time we can get things done. This weekend for example. we are getting two other interior designers to take a look at our house and give us a quotation. One happens to be the good friend of The Don's business associate so hopefully we can get a better price. Looks like we won't be able to go anywhere this next few months. No more short trips to KL or Kuantan or Temerloh, Pahang. I miss my ikan patins!!!!!!! *sob* *sob*

To compensate for not going back to Pahang for the annual fruit season this year, I guess I'll just have to stuff myself with the mangosteens I bought.

No comments: